Raw food chef and a founder of raw food catering service WERAW Veera Kulmalahti knows a thing or two about healthy eating. You can read her full profile here. But for now, enjoy the raw food recipes inspired by Finnish ingredients that Veera was kind enough to share with HÄN.
For a light summer lunch, try:
Beetroot Carpaccio with Cashew Cheese
0,5 dl olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon coconut sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2,5 dl cashew cheese (see recipe)
rocket, fresh thyme
1. For the marinade: Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt,
coconut sugar and pepper in a small bowl; stir well.
2. Peel the beets and slice them as thinly as possible with a
mandoline or the slicing blade of a food processor.
3. Put the beets into a glass bowl and pour the marinade over the
beets. Marinade in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
4. Layer the beet slices in a shallow dish, and top with cashew
cheese. Garnish with rocket and fresh thyme.
Cashew Cheese Ingredients:
2,5 dl cashews, soaked 2 to 4 hours, drained, and rinsed
1,25 dl water
1/8 teaspoon probiotic powder
1. Put the cashews, water, and probiotic powder in a blender and
blend until smooth.
2. Pour mixture into a glass jar and cover with a clean kitchen
towel. Place it in a warm location to ferment for 8 to 12 hours.
For a guilt-free dessert, give a go to:
Lingonberry Coconut Chia Pudding
• 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
• 1-2 dl lingonberries
• 1 dl chia seeds
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla powder
1. In a small bowl, combine the
coconut milk, lingonberries, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir until
combined. Sprinkle with the chia seeds and stir them in
2. Pour mixture into a glass jar and refrigerate overnight, or at
least 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
3. Serve pudding with lingonberries sprinkled on top
Hyvää Ruokahalua! (Enjoy your meal!)
Introductory words by Kira Kolosova.
Recipes words by Veera Kulmalahti from WERAW.